Official Rules and Regulations | Holiday Classic Slot Tournament
Casino Woodbine | One Toronto Gaming
Sunday, December 1, 2019
1. The VIP Slot Tournament (the “Tournament”) is sponsored by Ontario Gaming Greater Toronto Area Limited Partnership (“OGGTALP”) and is open to residents of Canada and the United States of America, who (at the time of participation) are: (i) valid One Rewards members; (ii) nineteen (19) years of age or older; and (iii) not inactive, self-excluded, archived or trespassed, all as determined by OGGTALP in its sole discretion. Volunteers, employees, officers and directors of OGGTALP, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”) or any of OGGTALP’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies are not eligible to participate.
2. In the event a selected entrant (including, but not limited to, an eligible patron who is otherwise eligible to win a Tournament Prize) does not meet the eligibility requirements stated herein, then OGGTALP has the right to disqualify the participant from participating in the Tournament and further will have no obligation to award any Tournament Prize (as defined below) in relation to that participant.
3. The chances of winning any of the Tournament Prizes are dependent upon the number of registered participants for the Tournament, as applicable.
4. This promotion is open only to ONE REWARDS members. There is no fee payable to obtain a ONE REWARDS membership, but OGGTALP is not responsible for any delays in the processing of ONE REWARDS membership applications. NO PLAY IS REQUIRED.
5. This Tournament takes place at Casino Woodbine (the “Site”).
6. Beginning Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 11:00 am until 4:00 pm, eligible members who have received an invitation via direct mail may register for a maximum of two (2) tournament sessions in person at the site. Tournament session times are first come first served.
• Registration times are at the discretion of the Site and may change due to operational hours and availability.
7. Patrons must provide a valid ONE REWARDS membership card along with government issued identification. Each eligible member may participate in two (2) Tournament Sessions as described by the site.
8. At the time of registration, a Tournament coordinator will record the name and account number of the eligible ONE REWARDS member, who has completed registration requirements, into the CMP software based on preferred/available Tournament Session times. An entrant will be required to present his/herself to a tournament coordinator within his/her session time, at the designated tournament area in order to participate.
9. OGGTALP reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Tournament mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying: (i) compliance by any participant, (ii) the validity of Registrations, and/or (iii) any other information, with these Rules, or as a result of any problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of OGGTALP, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of this Tournament.
10. If it is discovered by OGGTALP (using any evidence or other information made available to, or otherwise discovered by OGGTALP) that any patron (or any other person or entity purporting to be an eligible patron) has attempted to use multiple names, identities, ONE REWARDS memberships, another patron’s ONE REWARDS membership, ONE REWARDS cards and/or any other means not sanctioned by these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Tournament, then he/she may be disqualified from participating in the Tournament, an any other offers and promotions, in the sole and absolute discretion of OGGTALP.
Tournament Session Information:
11. The number of seats available for the VIP Slot Tournament are as follows:
|Max # of Slot Machines||Max # of Participants|
12. The slot machines allocated for the VIP Slot Tournaments are located on Bank A35.
13. Tournament sessions will run on Sunday, December 1, 2019 beginning at 12:00 pm until 8:00 pm.
LATE ARRIVAL/MISSED TOURNAMENT TIMES
14. Tournament Sessions cannot be delayed due to late arrival of entrants. Entrants who miss a Tournament Session or arrive late (as determined at the sole discretion of the tournament official) may, at OGGTALP’s sole and absolute discretion, be deemed to have forfeited his/her session and subsequently receive zero (0) points for that Tournament Session. If an entrant is deemed to have forfeited the Tournament Session he/she is registered for, they may sign up for one (1) subsequent available Tournament Session. If no Tournament Session is available the late entrant will not be eligible to participate.
15. Machine Selection: Machine selections will be made by the slot tournament coordinator and are based on availability. No exceptions will be made to this.
16. Machine Malfunctions: At all times during Tournament Sessions a slot technician will be available to repair problems that may occur with an entrant’s selected slot machine. If a machine malfunctions during the Tournament Session, the slot technician will attempt to correct the problem so that the entrant can continue to play on their selected slot machine for the duration of the relevant Tournament Session. If the selected slot machine cannot be repaired during the first minute of Tournament Session play, the entrant will then play one minute thirty seconds (1:30) on another available slot machine (chosen at the sole and absolute discretion of the Site) at the conclusion of the Tournament Session. Points/credits from the previous machine will not carry over to make-up sessions. Site staff shall have sole and absolute discretion with respect to the assignment of machines to be played by the entrant.
17. Scorekeeping: During a Tournament Session each participating entrant must play the applicable tournament game for one minute and thirty seconds (1:30) of playing time in the Tournament Session to accumulate points/credits on the machine’s win meter. Following the completion of each Tournament Session, the points/credits that appear on the win meter of the entrant’s assigned slot machine are recorded by the EBS software as the entrant’s score for that session. Points/credits are for scoring purposes only; they are not redeemable and have no cash value.
18. At the end of the Tournament, the cumulative of the eligible participant’s two (2) session scores will be taken as their final score.
19. All concerns regarding scoring will be directed to the Tournament coordinator. All decisions of the Tournament coordinator are final, binding, and without any right of appeal.
20. In the event of a tie between two or more entrants within the highest eighty (80) scores of the Tournament, the tied participants will evenly share the prize pool of the tied positions. For example, if two (2) members tie with the top score of the Tournament, the prizes for first and second place will be combined and divided by two (2). Each winner will receive an equal prize. The next highest score will receive the prize for third place.
IN THE EVENT OF A SYSTEM MALFUNCTION
21. In the event of a full system malfunction, Casino Woodbine reserves all rights to cancel the tournament in its entirety. No tournament will be rescheduled in the place of the VIP Tournament and tournament prizes may (should the site see this necessary) go un-awarded.
22. There are a total of eighty (80) Tournament prizes available to be won on Sunday, December 1, 2019. Prizes will be awarded to the eighty (80) highest scores of the tournament. Prizes will be awarded following the conclusion of the final tournament session on Sunday, December 1, 2019.
23. Prizes are as follows:
• 1st Place – Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars Free Play ($25,000.00)
• 2nd Place – Fifteen Thousand Dollars Free Play ($15,000.00)
• 3rd Place – Ten Thousand Dollars Free Play ($10,000.00)
• 4th Place – Seven Thousand, Five hundred Dollars ($7,500.00)
• 5th Place – Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00)
• 6th Place – Three Thousand Dollars ($3,000.00)
• 7th Place – Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00)
• 8th Place – One Thousand, Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00)
• 9th Place – One Thousand, Two Hundred, Fifty Dollars ($1,250.00)
• 10th Place – One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00)
• 11th to 17th Place – Seven Hundred, Fifty Dollars ($750.00) each
• 18th to 40th Place – Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) each
• 41st to 80th Place – Three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) each
24. Prize winners do not have to be in attendance to win. The winners’ names will be announced over the Site’s Internal Public Address system on the gaming floor at the Site.
25. Prior to being confirmed as the Winner of a Tournament Prize, each eligible winner may be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, OGGTALP reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
26. In addition, each eligible winner will be required to properly execute and return OGGTALP’s standard form of Declaration and Release which (among other things): (i) confirms his/her eligibility and compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Tournament Prize (as awarded); and (iii) releases the Released Parties from any liability in connection with the conduct of the Promotion and/or the awarding of the applicable Tournament Prize.
27. If an eligible winner is not confirmed as a Winner in accordance with these Rules, then the applicable Tournament Prize will not be awarded to anyone and the prize will remain unclaimed. In any such case, the eligible winner will no longer be eligible to receive that Tournament Prize, and OGGTALP has no obligation to award a Tournament Prize to any such eligible winner, or anyone.
28. Once received by OGGTALP, all entries and coupons/vouchers/ballots will be at all times the property of OGGTALP and none will be returned. Entries and coupons/vouchers/ballots which have been obtained or made through fraudulent means or which are illegible, altered, reproduced, damaged, or irregular (all as determined by OGGTALP in its sole discretion), are subject to disqualification. OGGTALP will not be responsible for entries, coupons/vouchers/ballots which are lost, destroyed, misdirected, or delayed for any reason whatsoever, or for the Site’s capacity constraints or for the removal or the non-removal of any patrons, or for any incorrect or inaccurate data in the ONE REWARDS database, any incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, visual or printing errors, or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone, computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Where such failures cannot be corrected immediately or within a reasonable time frame (as determined by OGGTALP in its sole discretion) to allow for a continuation of the Tournament, the Site may, at the Site’s option, use a manual back up system and/or disqualify the affected participant. All decisions of the judges with respect to this Tournament are final and binding without right of appeal.
29. By accepting a Tournament Prize, each eligible winner that is confirmed as a Winner (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”) in accordance with these Rules agrees to waive all recourse against OGGTALP, the AGCO, OGGTALP’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies and the designated third party vendor(s), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Promotion, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof – including, without limitation, if the applicable Prize, or a component thereof, does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
30. The Released Parties make no representations nor offer any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any Tournament Prize awarded in connection with the Tournament. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each confirmed Winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from neither OGGTALP nor any of the Released Parties should his/her Tournament Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting the Tournament Prize, each confirmed Winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
31. The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any malfunctions, errors or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (ii) the failure of any information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iii) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (iv) any combination of the above.
32. By participating in this Tournament, each eligible patron hereby: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; and (ii) releases the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Tournament and his/her participation therein.
33. This Tournament is subject to all applicable laws. The decisions of OGGTALP with respect to all aspects of this Tournament are final and binding without review or right of appeal. ANYONE DEEMED BY OGGTALP TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF OGGTALP AT ANY TIME.
34. Participation through any form of fraudulent means (as determined by OGGTALP in its sole and absolute discretion), will result in disqualification. The Released Parties will not be responsible for materials which are lost, destroyed, deemed unmailable, misdirected, or delayed for any reason whatsoever, or for any incorrect or inaccurate capture of any information, malfunctions, human or technical error(s), visual or printing errors, or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone, computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Where such failures cannot be corrected immediately or within a reasonable time frame (as determined by OGGTALP in its sole and absolute discretion) to allow for a continuation of the Promotion, OGGTALP may, at its option, use a manual back-up system and/or disqualify the affected participant. All decisions of OGGTALP with respect to this Tournament are final and binding without right of appeal.
35. No substitutions or equivalent cash payments will be made, save for OGGTALP’s right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater retail value. Except as specifically provided herein, any unclaimed Tournament Prizes will not be awarded.
36. OGGTALP reserves the right to deny a participant or reject a participant once accepted, for any reason which, in its sole judgment and discretion, it deems proper.
37. ONE REWARDS cards will not earn any points during Slots Tournament play.
38. Any reference to “Free Play” requires that the patron redeem the Slot Play offer at the on device at Casino Woodbine. Free Play does not have a cash value and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash. The patron will be eligible to receive winnings or credits (if any) generated by this free slot play.
39. Persons playing in Tournament Sessions must be registered and qualified players.
40. In the event that an Entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements, then OGGTALP has no obligation to award any prize(s) or slot play voucher to that Entrant.
41. Any dispute that may arise during tournament play will be submitted to a tournament official whose decision will be final.
42. Session Prizes (if applicable) will be awarded at the end of each Tournament Session.
43. Drink service will not be available in the tournament area.
44. OGGTALP is not responsible for commencing, continuing or completing the Tournament, or awarding Tournament Prizes in the event of circumstances beyond OGGTALP’s control including, but not limited to, labour disruptions, weather conditions, power outages or computer malfunction, and OGGTALP may, at its sole and absolute discretion, change or alter this Tournament (and/or amend these Rules), as OGGTALP deems necessary in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to amend the timing of any other elements of this Tournament (including the timing of Registration, or Distinct Periods) to satisfy any customer service or promotional integrity issues resulting from uncontrollable circumstances, and this includes the right to similarly extend the time period(s) available to participants to participate in the Tournament.
45. OGGTALP reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Tournament (or to amend these Rules) in any way, without notice in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of OGGTALP that interferes or may interfere with the proper conduct of this Tournament as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, tampering, labour disruption, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Tournament in any way (as determined by OGGTALP in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, OGGTALP reserves the right to pursue and/or seek sanctions, remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
46. OGGTALP reserves the right to change or alter this Tournament, as it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, making changes or alterations to these Rules relating to the accommodation of participants in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
47. As per the ONE REWARDS Program Rules and Regulations (contained within the ONE REWARDS application) any ONE REWARDS card used in this Tournament can only be swiped by the named cardholder. The use of any other person’s ONE REWARDS card(s) to participate in this Tournament will result in any issued qualifying draw entries, daily draw ballots and/or daily draw entries being null and void and ineligible to win any Tournament Prizes.
48. It is the participating patron’s responsibility to verify, where applicable, that the ONE REWARDS membership number appearing on the ballot or print out, or score sheet is the same as the membership number appearing on the patron’s ONE REWARDS card. OGGTALP will not be responsible for typing or keying errors, when swiping or keying in the membership number.
49. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; any computer viruses, time bombs, logic bombs and any other implanted devices of a like or similar nature that may arise or occur in connection with the Tournament, problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers, any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”; or any combination thereof, as a result of participation in this Tournament.
50. ONE REWARDS members who have indicated no phone consent on their account will not be telephoned by OGGTALP for any reason.
51. ONE REWARDS members who have indicated no email consent on their account will not be emailed by OGGTALP for any reason.
52. ONE REWARDS members who have indicated no mail consent on their account will not be mailed by OGGTALP for any reason.
53. Any personal information provided to or collected by OGGTALP, including but not limited to entrants’ contact information, is collected pursuant to the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act, 1999 and is intended to be used for the following principal purposes: to conduct and administer the contests by OGGTALP, including but not limited to the awarding of the Tournament Prizes and referring to such personal information in voice messages or other messages left for a selected entrant, and to comply with legal requirements. For further information see the ONE REWARDS desk, or call Casino Woodbine.
54. Patrons with self-excluded, trespassed or archived status, as determined by OGGTALP in its sole and absolute discretion, will not be eligible for any gifts/prizes associated with OGGTALP contests, promotions, tournaments or giveaways.
55. Eligible patrons with a valid ONE REWARDS account that has been designated as ‘Inactive Status’ may, in the discretion of OGGTALP, claim their Tournament Prize at time of reactivation, but are not eligible to receive the ‘New Member Program’ offers. See Official ONE REWARDS New Member Program Rules and Regulations for details.
56. Your name may be announced on the gaming floor. See ONE REWARDS desk for more information.
57. Coupons/vouchers/offers/Ballots sent by mail or courier to OGGTALP or any of the participating Sites, or offers/vouchers/coupons/Ballots not submitted in person at one (1) of the participating Sites, will be deemed void and/or not be validated for redemption.
58. These Rules govern this Tournament and must be followed by all participants at all times. By agreeing to participate in the Tournament, all participants agree to comply with, and be legally bound by, these Rules.
59. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials; these Rules and Regulations shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
60. All references to times and dates reflect Eastern Time.
61. This Tournament is subject to the Laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal Laws of Canada, as applicable.
62. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the Rules as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. It is the participating patron’s responsibility to verify, where applicable, that the ONE REWARDS Rewards membership number appearing on the ballot or print out is the same as the membership number appearing on the patron’s ONE REWARDS card. OGGTALP will not be responsible for typing or keying errors, when swiping or keying in the membership number.
63. No substitutions or equivalent cash payments will be made, save for OGGTALP’s right, at its sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent or greater value. Except as specifically provided herein, unclaimed gifts/prizes will not be awarded.
64. All participants must present valid government-issued photo identification upon request.
65. As per the ONE REWARDS program rules and regulations (contained within the ONE REWARDS application) any ONE REWARDS card used in this Tournament can only be used by the named cardholder. The use of any other person’s ONE REWARDS card(s) to participate in this Tournament will result in any issued coupons/vouchers/ballots being null and void and ineligible to win any draws and/or prizes.
Any questions relating to this program please visit the ONE REWARDS Desk or contact Casino Woodbine.